At the end of an exhausting day, is there anything better than snuggling up in a freshly made bed? How about snuggling up in a bed that’s been made up with fresh, new bedding? When it comes to all things comfortable, there’s nothing quite like new bedding to inspire cozy thoughts and the deepest sleep.
So when was the last time you upgraded your bedding with all things fresh, cozy, and new? If you’re like a lot of people, there’s a chance you haven’t been treating yourself (and your sleep environment) to new bedding as often as you should.
Read on to discover the tried and true signs it’s time to upgrade your sleep space with something new, plus a simple tip for choosing new bedding that’s designed to meet your sleep needs and feels as good as it looks.
Signs It’s Time for New Bedding
While properly cleaning your protectors, sheets, and other linens will help keep your bedding in top shape, there will still come a time when you need to replace it to maintain a clean and comfortable sleep space.
Let’s start with how long your sleep essentials “should” last. Not all sleep essentials have the same lifetime, so it’s helpful to bear in mind how long you can expect your mattress, protectors, pillows, sheets, and additional bedding items to stay in shape before it’s time to swap them out for something new.
To get a handle on the average lifespan of your current mattress and favorite pillows, we encourage you to refer to the National Sleep Foundation’s recommendation of 6-8 years for mattresses and 1-2 years for pillows.
The lifespan of other comfort items in your sleep arsenal often varies by product and material. In which case, it helps to keep the following critical signs in mind that can shed light on if (and when) it’s time to upgrade your bedding:
- Noticeable wear and tear on the fabric. We’re talking about holes, excessive pilling, fraying, splitting at the seams, etc. If your bedding has them, you’re ready for something new.
- Fading or yellowing. Old bedding will fade, and pillows, mattress toppers, and mattresses are notorious for yellowing when they need replacing. Bear in mind that the yellowish tinge is from the sweat that accumulates in your bedding while you sleep. If you see it on your sleep surface, it’s got to go.
- The fill is coming out. If the fill that is supposed to keep you feeling supported and comfortable is beginning to come out of your favorite pillow, comforter, insert, or mattress, it’s time to upgrade.
- There is an odor that just won’t go away. Ever had a favorite t-shirt or pair of shoes that, no matter how well or how many times you washed it, there was a smell that just wouldn’t disappear? This is precisely the type of “odor” we’re talking about here.
- You’re not comfortable or sleeping as well as you once were. This is a big one. As soon as you notice that your bedding isn’t as comfortable or supportive as it was when you first brought it home–or worse, that you’re no longer experiencing the deep sleep that you deserve, it’s time to part ways.
If your favorite sleep essentials start to develop a smell that won’t wash out or any of the other signs we’ve explored today, don’t hesitate to replace them.
One Simple Tip for Replacing Your Bedding
When it comes to replacing your bedding with something fresh and new, it’s important not to skimp on quality, high-end products.
The truth is, you’re reading this because you want to invest in your sleep sanctuary. After all, you’ve moved on from the $39, $59, and $99 sheet sets from your college years because they simply don’t deliver the comfort and restful sleep experience that you deserve.
Today’s luxury bedding offers beautiful construction features, responsive fabrics, and more to give you the quality sleep you need to show up and tackle your days with plenty of energy to make it through. And dare we mention that the most top-rated bedding brands offer cleaner treatments on their bedding essentials and have gained trusted referrals from women and real sleepers like you?
New Bedding at PureCare
Your quest for quality sleep shouldn’t be compromised by bedding that doesn’t deliver the comfort and support you need to live your life to the fullest. If new bedding is what you’re searching for this year, we’re here to help.
You’ll find the responsive fabrics we use in our premium sheet collections in our selection of pillows, protectors, and additional bedding essentials, too–allowing you to tailor your sleep space with wellness-inspired bedding designed with you in mind.
Create your perfect comfort bundle today. Mix and match your favorite bedding essentials designed to meet your sleep needs and wellness goals, and save up to 40% off your purchase when you shop with us at PureCare.com.